Objectives & Strategy
In January 2022, the Dubai Chamber of Digital Economy board of directors approved the strategy for 2022-2024 in support of the objectives outlined under the vision of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE, and Ruler of Dubai, to promote Dubai as a global capital of the digital economy.
Created to be at the centre of a strong digital business ecosystem, the strategy aims to:
- Attract 300 digital start-ups to Dubai within two years
- Propose improvements and changes to laws and policies that support the growth of the digital economy
- Organise an international conference on the new digital economy
- Promote digital transformation across national companies
- Enhance the business environment to attract global digital firms
The activities of Dubai Chamber of Digital Economy will be driven by four newly formed committees:
- Digital Economy Finance Action Committee
- Digital Talent Action Committee
- Network and Ecosystem Action Committee
- Government Coordination, Regulation, and Infrastructure Action Committee.
The chamber’s remit includes launching projects and conducting studies on the economy of the future, and its most promising areas for investment, with a prime focus on building the world’s best digital infrastructure in Dubai. An advocate for the burgeoning digital sector, the chamber helps draft legislation to create an environment that is conducive to the growth of the digital economy and the role of advanced technology in society.